Doncaster Central Learning Centre (DCLC) is a social enterprise, centrally located in Doncaster, established in 2010 as a Community Interest Company (CIC). We were set up to promote community cohesion and integration through creating equal opportunities to learning, employment and enterprise creation. We are ran by volunteers, supporting our client group by providing support on issues such as unemployment, financial/debt issues, health and housing issues. Support can be provided through training courses, learning and educational activities.
Funding for projects is mainly through grants and small contracts. Any surpluses generated from these activities are re-invested into DCLC to constantly improve our services and to provide more volunteering opportunities.
Our beneficiaries are the community as the whole, and in particular:
• the black and ethnic minority community (BME)
• vulnerable, disadvantaged and marginalised groups
• hard to reach groups and individuals
• BME voluntary and community sector organisations
A cohesive society where people of all nationalities have equal life chances.
DCLC’s mission is to be an agent for change, using learning as a tool for empowering individuals and uniting communities.
To enable focus in an environment where the dividing lines between sectors and even within the third sector are becoming increasingly blurred, we have set five strategic objectives for the next five years.
- To support the third sector in working towards a cohesive society where people of all nationalities have equal life chances.
- To engage with diverse communities to improve accessibility to learning, employment and enterprise creation.
- To increase understanding and respect for the needs and issues affecting the quality of life of Doncaster’s diverse communities and individuals.
- To provide support with regards to the isolation and loneliness amongst the diverse communities and individuals living within Doncaster and its district.
- To increase third sector and community access to facilities and resources to create a cohesive society where people of all nationalities have equal life chances.